Random Acts of Stupidity of Marilyn & Wilma

The names have been changed to protect the guilty. Marilyn and Wilma are co-workers of The Dog and Cat. The Cast of Characters are explained in Post #2 (March 06).
In case you're wondering - we don't make this stuff up - nor do we exaggerate it. We would never come up with this on our own! We can't laugh out loud at work, so we use this as a way to laugh and vent some of the frustrations.
Do you also have to live/work with stupidity such as this? Leave a comment and let us know!

Monday, April 16, 2007

Hair Crunchie???

I (Cat) am on the board of a girls softball league. At last night's meeting we were discussing shed keys and that they are supposed to be in one of the concession stands on a key ring with an orange hair scrunchie.

One of the guys spoke up and said that the keys are missing because that orange crunchie thing is gone.

Since this is all about stupidity.... should I tell one on myself????? My brother roped me into the softball board thing ... I don't like sports.... but love my nieces.....

He told me that they needed someone to do the website. Thinking it was just a website, I said yes. Couple of days later I hear, "if you're going to do the website, they want you to be on the board." Thinking it's still only a website... I still agreed....

First board meeting... I find out my duties also include getting the book ready for print that lists all the board members, teams, rules, etc. OK, I guess I can handle that.... Then I read further, and I'm also responsible for ordering trophies. This is getting to be a bit more than I bargained for - so I told my brother that he has to help.....

At last month's meeting.... I find out that board members rotate through a schedule with two board members on duty every game day. You show up early to open everything, drag out equipment, and help get the fields ready. If there is or has been inclement weather, you decide whether to play. You make sure the concession stand is cleaned up, lock all the buildings and padlocks, count the money, drop it off at the bank. And... you clean the restrooms.

So... how stupid am I???? I don't even live in the league's township..... or have kids.... or like sports.... now I get to spend the next two summers at the ballpark..... instead of just showing up for the occasional game and taking pictures.....

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ick. I feel for you. I would definitely disappear from that job!

2:21 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home