Random Acts of Stupidity of Marilyn & Wilma

The names have been changed to protect the guilty. Marilyn and Wilma are co-workers of The Dog and Cat. The Cast of Characters are explained in Post #2 (March 06).
In case you're wondering - we don't make this stuff up - nor do we exaggerate it. We would never come up with this on our own! We can't laugh out loud at work, so we use this as a way to laugh and vent some of the frustrations.
Do you also have to live/work with stupidity such as this? Leave a comment and let us know!

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Going to the Hospital for..... a Latte!

This morning Marilyn announced "I never take a break so I'm going to go to the hospital to get a latte." We have a convenience store 2 doors down and a Starbucks just down the street, but she chooses the hospital. She had one there over the weekend and really liked it even though she hates coffee.

Before she leaves she stops by to see me (Cat) and (surprisingly) offers to pick one for me if I want one. I said "no thanks, don't like coffee or anything that has coffee in it."

Then she started. "But it doesn't taste like coffee."

"No thanks."

She didn't let up.

Dog is out today, but her sense of timing is great. She called while Marilyn was still trying to convince me to try one! I made sure Dog stayed on the phone until Marilyn gave up and left.

Fast forward 30 minutes. I walk by Marilyn's desk and ask how her latte is. "It's OK. It's not what I thought it was but I'm glad I went and got it."

Huh????? She had one over the weekend so how can it not be what she thought it was? And why, if she doesn't really like it, is she glad she went?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home