Random Acts of Stupidity of Marilyn & Wilma

The names have been changed to protect the guilty. Marilyn and Wilma are co-workers of The Dog and Cat. The Cast of Characters are explained in Post #2 (March 06).
In case you're wondering - we don't make this stuff up - nor do we exaggerate it. We would never come up with this on our own! We can't laugh out loud at work, so we use this as a way to laugh and vent some of the frustrations.
Do you also have to live/work with stupidity such as this? Leave a comment and let us know!

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

We Could Have Won a Bet....

A quote from us about Marilyn:

She can turn a conversation about which Zambia and Zimbabwe universities have the best squash teams to herself in 2 turns or less.
For full post see http://random-acts-of-stupidity.blogspot.com/2006/05/marilyns-favorite-subject.html

Today.... we finally had a chance to test our theory. We should have placed bets with our readers before the test - because we would have won. But... neither of us are gamblers.

I, The Cat, answered a phone call a few minutes ago. The caller was inquiring about a container he had shipped to West Africa - we don't ship containers to West Africa - or anywhere else! I was finally able to get through to the guy that he had the wrong number (he was insistent that he did not.) This brought up the perfect opportunity since the conversation was on this guy and Africa.

I have a friend in the newspaper industry, so I cheated just a little and said that my friend had to do some research on squash in Zimbabwe and Zambia. I told my friend a few weeks ago I was going to use that as my excuse to start the conversation. Marilyn didn't need 2 turns to say something about herself.... the FIRST words out of her mouth:

"I watched that before. It's weird. "

Then it was on to....

"We were watching soccer the other night, too."

After this, I had to answer my phone so The Dog continues the post from here.

She then proceeded to say that JoeJack's nephew used to play soccer until he broke his arm. She then recounted the story about the nephew breaking his arm and that they have to keep 10-15 pounds of pressure on it and something about his tendons. (As you can see, I was not really paying attention to her at this point.) The story ended with her saying something about him possibly needing corrective surgery to repair the tendons in the arm. I then walked away.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bravo!

Marylin strikes again.

8:08 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some credit she really wasn't talking about herself, she was talking about the nephew. :)

9:56 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home