Random Acts of Stupidity of Marilyn & Wilma

The names have been changed to protect the guilty. Marilyn and Wilma are co-workers of The Dog and Cat. The Cast of Characters are explained in Post #2 (March 06).
In case you're wondering - we don't make this stuff up - nor do we exaggerate it. We would never come up with this on our own! We can't laugh out loud at work, so we use this as a way to laugh and vent some of the frustrations.
Do you also have to live/work with stupidity such as this? Leave a comment and let us know!

Monday, August 14, 2006

The Runaway Bride

Stormy, Jr. has earned herself a new name - The Runaway Bride. She got married nine days ago and I (The Cat) had the pleasure(?) of taking the wedding pictures. The wedding itself is another post which I have not gotten to yet.

Last week I uploaded the wedding pictures to the local camera shop lab for printing of the 3 full sets they had requested. I picked those up on Saturday and brought them in this morning to deliver them. I was greeted with the news from someone in our department that the bride has left her groom - and was at Stormy's house getting ready to leave for another state far far away. As I had only been paid the fee for the wedding, I left our department and went straight to Stormy with the pictures acting as if I knew nothing. She told me what was happeneing and assured me that if Stormy Jr./Runaway Bride didn't pay for the pictures that she would write me a check. I did this wedding as a last minute favor to them (they asked 3 days before) - and did it for a fraction of what would normally be charged because I knew they were on a budget. They had only been planning the wedding for 3 weeks.

Stormy was called home earlier today because the police were at her house. Runaway Bride and the groom have been together for 7 or 8 years and have a 5 or 6 year old son. The groom apparently found out about her intention of leaving the state and has called the police to keep her from leaving and taking their son with her. How bad was their honeymoon?????

We're waiting to see if Squirrel takes off for parts unknown, too, if Runaway Bride actually leaves. On June 14th we posted about the engagement - http://random-acts-of-stupidity.blogspot.com/2006/06/heartbroken-squirrel.html .... which was just days after Squirrel had mentioned an interest in her - http://random-acts-of-stupidity.blogspot.com/2006/06/squirrel-dodges-bullet-and-considers.html.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home